September NewsletterMark Moore
A message from our Chair – David Durbin
One game to go and we sit in third place! Who would have thought at the start of
the season this is we’re we would be? We have seen some great rugby played
this year notably our whitewash of the Bulls and our comeback against Barrow
with eleven men. The new signings once they gelled have proved great value
to the Club and it’s really good to see that we are keeping the majority of the squad
together for next season. After our win at Widnes full credit must go to Simon and all at the Club.
What a defensive effort!! A win against Fev would put the icing on the cake as we head into the
Our next fundraising will be our market stall in Halifax by Wilkinson’s in the town centre on Saturday
17th September, 9am-3pm. We hope to see you there for some amazing bargains!
Our on-line auctions will continue shortly and of course we have our ever popular quiz at the Ivy House
on the 28th of this month starting at 8pm.
Now it’s time for a plea!! We are running out of pre-loved rugby merchandise so if you have any that
you would like to donate, you can bring it down to our market stall on Saturday 17th September, to any
home game or give me a call on 07790 852916 and I will be happy to collect them from you. All funds raised will support the Halifax Panthers.
David ([email protected])
Panthers’ Community Update from Kara Colvin
• Try high has ran all through august and has come to a close last week.
Seeing over 450 children in the summers camps with plenty of involvement
from myself, Dan Murray, Louis and Lachlan.
• SmartArt has been a brilliant project alongside Halifax opportunities trust and artworks enabling
children from non-affluent backgrounds to enjoy art with rugby! We painted plenty of beautiful
pictures with rugby balls!
• Continued work throughout community clubs with guest coaching from myself, Brighouse, Elland,
King cross, Siddal and Greetland to name a few.
• Now were in September I’ve been liaising with high schools and primary schools to get back into
them developing the sport.
• Plans continue for the World Cup game in October with plans for a World Cup trophy event at the
Piece hall and pre entertainment with the schools in the area.
• There has been a huge increase in community club present on game days with hopes to have a club chant event on Sunday 11th September.
General Manager – Community Panthers CIC
Current Bank Balance £9,396.
The Trust wishes to thank everyone who has supported us, either by purchasing
merchandise, buying auction items, contributed to our bucket collections, attended our monthly quiz or given us preloved merchandise to sell.
Leave a Reply