February NewsletterMark Moore
A message from our Chair – David Durbin
At last it’s the start of another season! It seems like an eternity since we have seen the
Panthers in league action so it’s back to donning our Panthers gear, seeing friends and
familiar faces, good days out as we travel to our away games and being able to cheer our team
to victory! Our 150th year can indeed be one of celebration.
Our win over the Sheffield Eagles with a determined all round team performance has given us the perfect
start but as we all know it’s we’re you finish that counts. It will be a very tight league this year and I’m sure
there will be plenty of highs and lows which all form part of being a Panthers supporter.
Talking of which there is still time to join the Fax Trust which remains at £15 for the year with all the funds
raised going to support the players fund. As always our monthly prize draw has prizes worth more than
your membership and coupled with our newsletter is excellent value for money. Another opportunity
which is very good value is the match day dining competition for just £10, with the winner receiving a
match day meal for 2 and parking, all kindly donated by the Club. What’s not to like!!
Another our fundraising activities is selling vintage shirts and memorabilia so if you have any you would
like to donate to us we will happily accept them. You can bring them down on match days or I will be
happy to collect them from you, just give me a call on 07790 852196.
See you all Post Office Road as we take on Featherstone in the next round of this fascinating season!
Panthers’ Community Update from Kara Colvin
• Continuation of rugby coaching delivery across 10 primary schools and
5 high schools.
• 2 of the high schools we currently coach at competed in a 4 high school
• Name the mascot competition has been live and delivered into 6 different primary schools to the
one we current coach in.
• Over 1750 children have been engaged throughout the name the mascot comp with all of them
gifted a FREE junior season ticket each, the winning mascot names will receive a free stadium tour
and be invited to our Bradford Bulls games in the summer.
• All community clubs have been offered FREE season tickets for their under 16 players and this is
underway in most of our community club teams – of which we have 10 in the family.
• Project planning for the summer continues with programmes such as healthy eating camps for
parents and kids, violence reduction against women training in high schools, and our successful
• Holiday camps continue.
• Preparations for our 150th year celebration also are in the planning.
• Both college academy teams are thriving and prep starts for the September intake.
• Support for the womens team has begun with special input from the panthers club and stadium.
• Plans for Her Legacy programmes to run in the summer, as well as inclusion teams to be added to
the panther brand.
Community Development and Engagement Manager
Win Match Day Dining for 2!
We are still running our Match Day Dining competition. A draw will take place at several home games and
the winner will receive a dining package for 2 people! The price to enter is just £10 for the whole season!
Visit our website to enter or come see us on a match day.
We are appealing for donations of rugby merchandise including rugby shirts, polo tops, t-shirts,
coats, hoodies etc as our stocks are running very low!
If you have any pre-loved items that you would like to go to a new home, please
contact us or bring to one of our stalls on a match day.
Many thanks as always for your support.
Halifax Heritage Lunch
13 February 2023 – 11.00am
Halifax Bowling Club, Thrum Hall Lane, HX1 4JT
Special Guest – Richard Marshall
2 course lunch – £4.00
To reserve a place please call Chris Mitchell 07947 827627 Or email [email protected]
Current balance -£3,116.
The Trust has recently given the Club £5,000 for their Players Fund.
Leave a Reply