January NewsletterMark Moore
A message from our Chair – David Durbin
Firstly, I hope you all had a good Christmas and I wish you all a happy and healthy New
Our new season starts with our friendlies against Wakefield and Hunslet and here’s hoping
we have as good a season as last year and maybe even go one better! Simon’s recruitment has a very
positive feel about it and I’m sure we will give the boys every encouragement as the season
Your Trust as always will continue to raise funds for the Panthers players fund and of course is looking
for your support.
Trust membership’s which are now due, remain at £15 for another year and can be purchased on our
website faxtrust.org .The ‘Match Day Dining’ competition sponsored by the club is also available along
with Steve’s very popular Fantasy League. Who doesn’t like to pick their own team! Our online
auctions will be continuing with some very interesting items indeed. Keep your eyes on our social
We are all looking forward to seeing you all on match days at the Shay where we will again be selling
pre-loved merchandise and if you have any items you would like to donate please bring them along or
I am willing to collect them from you, just give me a call on 07790 852196.
THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT ITS BLUE AND WHITE !
Panthers’ Community Update from Kara Colvin
• The community panthers team have been completing the Try High camps
along with Invictus and Calder Community Squash.
• Plans continue for the 150th and involvement of a shay tidy up and refurb inclusive of all
community clubs and schools.
• Coaching in schools is still active and branching out to more areas of Calderdale now.
• As the community clubs return to training each club will have the opportunity for free junior
season tickets for all players – and having a panther presence at their training sessions throughout
• A healthy eating project will be completed this year to enabled the people of Calderdale to eat
healthy on a budget as well as get exercise with panthers.
• Primary coaching courses will be run throughout the year to enable more coaches to coach in
community clubs – provided free from Halifax panthers.
• Development continues for the women’s team and both college academies – the academies are
growing strong and now the recruitment process starts for September intake.
Community Development and Engagement Manager – Community Panthers CIC
Win Match Day Dining for 2!
We are still running our Match Day Dining competition. A draw will take place at several home games and
the winner will receive a dining package for 2 people! The price to enter is just £10 for the whole season!
Visit our website to enter or come see us on a match day.
We are appealing for donations of rugby merchandise including rugby shirts, polo tops, t-shirts,
coats, hoodies etc as our stocks are running very low!
If you have any pre-loved items that you would like to go to a new home, please
contact us or bring to one of our stalls on a match day.
Many thanks as always for your support.
Current balance £10,834, this includes a grant of £3,500 from CFFC
for the 150 years Commemoration Film.